12th February 2014
At JBWere we understand the importance of being involved with our local community and each year give our employees two days volunteer leave.
Commitment to the wider communities has always been at the heart of JBWere’s values and culture.
Increasingly, the single biggest barrier to volunteering is finding the time. Helping our people find that time is just one of the reasons why each year we give our employees two days leave to volunteer and contribute to the community.
More than just a pair of hands
We believe we have some of the most talented and capable people in New Zealand working for us. Our people have significant expertise and skills that can be volunteered.
We’re increasingly focused on matching the skills, talents and capabilities of our people to organisations where these skills are needed most.
The work carried out by our volunteers is varied, general (non skilled) volunteering through to skilled volunteering.
Does your organisation need our volunteers?
We’re looking for volunteering activities that:
- Can benefit community groups who need unskilled labour, with a focus on participation;
- Can benefit your organisation through the use of our employees' specialist skills – find out more about skill based volunteering;
- Can be held on-site at your location, preferably during the working week;
- Are at easy to get to locations (employees make their own way to the site for each activity);
- Could be something we bring into our offices for completion;
- Are safe and supervised; and
- Don’t involve unsupervised contact with children
- Are not direct fundraising (such as tin rattling or selling ribbons)
- Are not activities where the community group are paid for sourcing volunteers (for example athletic/running events)
If you need volunteers for a one-off piece of work, event or on an on-going basis, we would love to hear from you.